These are some of the common questions candidates have regarding our application process. Please review these questions to ensure that you are familiar with our requirements.
1. What if I don't have a copy of my high school transcript?
2. What if I was educated outside of Ontario?
3. High School Transcripts
If you are selected to meet with us, you will be required to bring a copy of your high school transcripts to the interview. Your transcripts will be used to validate your course grades and confirmation of graduation.
Any other supporting transcripts if applicable (i.e. GED, Community College, University etc ) will be also required as outlined in questions # 4, # 5 below.
4. What if I have a GED?
If you have a GED, simply record "GED" in the course code box in the online application.
If you are selected for an interview, you will be required to provide us with a copy of your General Educational Development (GED) at that time.
5. If I did not take Grade 12 English or Math or a GED, what is another "equivalent"?
If you are selected for an interview, you will be required to provide us with a copy of your transcript at that time.
6. Do I need to provide you with a copy of my resume and cover letter in the online application?
It is mandatory to include your resume. We recommend you cut and paste, attach a file (DOC, DOCX, ODT, RTF, PDF, HTML or TXT), or manually type a copy of your resume in the online application. For format purposes, we recommend you cut and paste your resume from a Microsoft Word Program.
A cover letter is optional. This will be included with your resume as above.
7. I am still in school taking math and/or English and/or science/electrical: can I still apply?
8. How long will my application stay on file?
9. Can I send you my resume via fax or mail?
If you require special assistance completing your application please refer to the Technical support link and we will assist you.
10. How do I apply for a Skilled Trade position at Hydro One?
Alternatively, please visit www.pwu.ca or www.tradeup.ca and click on the PWU/HYDRO ONE APPRENTICESHIPS button. This will lead you to the appropriate website.
11. When do you plan to hire in 2018?