GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB
Under regular supervision, works to ensure hotel rooms are kept in a clean and orderly condition while providing four star services. Reports to the Executive Housekeeper.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs general custodial duties, including but not limited to sweeping, mopping and waxing floors; vacuuming and shampooing carpets; dusting; cleaning and sanitizing restrooms, cleaning windows and other glass fixtures; cleaning blinds; removing trash; sanitizing trash cans; and restocking restroom supplies
- Reports maintenance requirements to appropriate staff person
- Operates vacuum cleaner, carpet cleaner; uses appropriate cleaning supplies
- Exercises care and safety in the use of equipment and materials required to complete assigned tasks
- Performs related duties as required
- Interacts and communicates with immediate supervisor, co-workers, subordinates, guests, vendors, and the general public
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Physical requirements: Must be physically able to operate equipment including a vacuum cleaner, carpet shampooer, cleaning equipment, etc. Physical demands are in excess of those for sedentary work; must be able to remain on feet for extended periods of time, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, push, pull, climb, balance and perform manual labor. Must be able to lift/carry weights of up to fifty pounds.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent supplemented by one year of responsible custodial I housekeeping experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.