Self Employment Pro™
If you have ever thought about self-employment, the Self Employment Pro™ will be highly effective in identifying the ideal self-employed business for you.
This self-assessment profile does not judge whether or not you are suited for self-employment, but rather directs you into the most appropriate type of self-employment opportunity.
The Self Employment Pro™ analyzes the key inherent characteristics and attitudes that influence entrepreneurial success. It can help predict which of the four major entrepreneurial business environments a person is most naturally suited to:
- Small business
Use the Self Employment Pro™ to understand your ideal self employment environment and develop a career strategy.
What Does Self Employment Pro™ Do?
- Identifies the key characteristics that influence entrepreneurial success
- Recommends a self-employment career strategy
- Suggests a development plan to address any competency gaps
- Highlights the ideal self-employment environment
- Provides numerous examples of suitable opportunities
What Does the Self Employment Pro™ Assess?
- Key inherent characteristics
- Opportunities to look for and avoid
- Type of approach to acquire new customers
- Key career motivators
- Need for structure and systems
- Interest in new contacts
- Interest in learning
- Overall approach to call reluctance
- Managing rejection
- Natural orientation to business development
- Commitment to product/service
- Ideal self-employment environment
- Summary of self-employment potential
Transitioning to a Self Employed Role
Many individuals dream of self-employment but are risk adverse. The Self Employment Pro™ reduces the risk and has helped many individuals make the transition to self-employment.
This profile is right for you if you are:
- In a career transition and would like to look at other career options
- An employed individual considering self-employment
- Just starting out as an entrepreneur
- Someone who has wondered “Do I have what it takes to be an entrepreneur?”
With this tool, you will finally have a road map to identify suitable opportunities and create a plan to explore the specific environments that match your individual strengths and characteristics.
Combined with our “6 Steps to Self Employment” book – a guide to helping individuals develop satisfying, successful self-employment opportunities – and our proprietary coaching/counselling program, the Self Employment Pro™ has given many individuals the confidence to seek out opportunities within their risk tolerance and available financial resources.
Since 1978, SMG has provided career management services to individuals from most job families and career paths. Our approach is to build on strengths and focus individuals on what they can do rather than what they can’t do.
Many successful career changers have transitioned into self-employment on a part-time basis until they have the cash flow and customer base to support and expand their current lifestyle.
More Self Employment Pro™ Resources:
Other Tools for Self Employment Success
Self Employment Screen™
The Self Employment Screen™ is an online personal assessment that provides the person interested in becoming self-employed with insights into the essentials of self-employment.
Click here to learn more about the Self Employment Screen™
Book: 6 Steps to Self Employment
6 Steps to Self Employment offers a practical process for making key career and business decisions when looking for opportunities and facing the challenges of self-employment.
Click here to learn more about 6 Steps to Self Employment